Friday, April 8, 2011

I did it!

I finished my classes for nursing school. All I have left to do is my 120 hour practicum, which will be 10 days of 12 hour shifts at Kennewick General Hospital's Family Birthing Center! I am very excited, it is exactly what I want to do. I start tomorrow.
In nursing school, I have gained many things, including:

  • about 12 pounds
  • the ability to smell and see things most people could not do without barfing
  • awesome friends
  • even better enemies (just kidding)
  • and you know, knowledge about being a nurse
I really did learn a lot in nursing school. It was about a billion times harder than I was expecting, though I did manage to get all A's and B's.
Here is a picture of me and my friend Kortney, celebrating our closeness to graduation. Kortney is awesome. And yes, I look like a mime with no legs.
Even though I still have practicum, I am already able to spend much more time at home with my favorite fella. Hopefully with the stress of school slowly dissipating out of my system (though I still have the NCLEX in June) we will be able to get this little guy a younger sibling soon.
I am baby hungry.
The End.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Congratulations!!!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

yay for being baby hungry!! and congrats on being DONE!! i'm sure its an amazing feeling

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is huge! I am so happy for you, and so glad we got to catch up a little last month at the shower. And it's great you can now spend more time with Jake, but what you really need to do is spend more time with your old friends in the Edison Ward. Priorities, woman!