Monday, October 12, 2009

a new play pen

Today Jake was helping me do some laundry, ie I was carrying him with one arm and doing laundry with the other. This kid weighs 24 pounds and he gets heavy fast. So after I emptied a basket I got the idea of putting him in the basket and scooting him around.
Then I gave him some toys to play with. I think he had fun...
On the crawling front, Jake's still not there yet. He's scooting backwards a little bit when we put him on his tummy, but he gets mad after only a few minutes on his tummy. He's progressively getting better though. I think his giant baby belly is giving him a tough time. My guess is he'll be crawling around before Thanksgiving!
I love this little guy and I have so much fun with him. It's been rough leaving him to go to school and probably even harder studying when I can hear him laughing downstairs with Daddy but I just know it's so important to have my education. I just hope he knows how much I love him!

3 comments:

ailinh said...

I feel ya... I wish there was a way that I could bring Po to school with me. But I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. We're in this togetha. =)

dots said...

My kids like playing with the laundry baskets WAY TOO MUCH...maybe you shouldn't encourage him.

Lisa Christine said...

Let me tell you....they never get tired of the laundry basket! My 5 and 7 year olds still play with the laundry basket....they find a gazillion creative uses :)